At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.
Don't regret when i'm gone,
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Last blogged @ 6:14 PM

xD


I am feeling GOOD today!


Because...
1. I overcame my fear.
2. I did something meaningful.
3. I gained new experience.
4. I did something that i have always wanted to do but lack the courage to.


YES! I donated BLOOD!


MY FIRST TIME DONATING BLOOD!
Eighteen is the age for the so many first times (legal drinking, clubbing, buy lottery..) !


I dont know what came into me. I was so determined to donate blood this time round. I have thought of it for quite a couple of times. But i just couldnt pluck up enough courage to do it. I was scared. I fear pain. I fear the sight of needles, and not to say BLOOD. But this time round, i told myself that i will and MUST do it. Because if i dont try, i will never be able to do it and continue to live with the fear. And i did it (:


I AM PROUD OF MYSELF!


Blood donating didnt turn out as painful as i have always thought it was. Its only a slight pain, those sudden kind of pain, like prick. And the rest is numbness. Your hand will sort of feel weak after everything.


I was seriously damn scared. Didnt dare to look at my finger when the nurse was doing the HB test for me. But when the needle is injected, i only heard a "clack" sound, no feeling at all. After a while, you will feel a sting. But it is really ok.


After all the tests for blood pressure, pluse level, temperature and HB. I could finally donate my blood(:


When the nurse located my vein and was about to inject the needle, i turned my head away again. I didnt want to look at the needle. After i felt a sharp prick (this injection is slightly more painful), i turned my head to look at my arm only to realise that the nurse is poking another needle into my vein. The needle that is connected to the tube and pack to collect the blood. This needle looks like a yakult straw, only that it is metal. Yes. Its about that thick. And i saw the nurse piercing it right through my flesh into my vein. O.O I was shocked to see a needle that thick. But surprisingly, it didnt hurt. In fact i didnt feel anything. The previous injection was more painful than this. LOL!


Then the process was pure numbness. My hand was quite tired as i had to keep exercising my arm to keep the blood flowing. The blood pressure thing was super tight larh. My arm felt super weak.


Throughout the process, the nurse kept coming over to ask if i was ok. I was ok. And i felt ok. Just as my blood pack was filled, the nurse came to me and asked if i was ok again. So i said i was ok again. Then she asked if i felt giddy. So i said i am ok, only felt slight giddiness. Then immediately, they adjusted my chair and made me lie down. And bandaged me on the spot. They then told me that i look very pale and i look like i was shivering. Seriously, i felt perfectly fine. So i laid there for about 10 mins and a doctor came to me to check my pulse and blood pressure. Both dropped a little but it was still within the acceptable range. The doctor then adjusted my chair and asked me to sit there for another 10 mins. I was the only one among my friends having to lie down.


After all, blood donation is seriously okay. Its really not painful. I felt so accomplished and happy after donating my blood. And with this first time, i am sure there will be a second time, a third time and many many times (:


BLOOD DONATING!
Photobucket


My BLOOD~ ( a drinking bottle worth and i survived! )
Photobucket


BANDAGE(: PINK with HEARTS!
Photobucket




:)






Disclaimer

#01: Hello!!~
#02: Feel free to visit my blog..
#03: Do tag before you leave:)



Profile

Photobucket

michelletohchyekian
nineteen
23041991
taurus
freethinker
single
pioneerprimary
nanhuahigh
anglochinesejuniorcollege
nanyangpolytechnicshs


Hearts

freedom
fun
shopping
outings
camwhoring
kboxing
hangingout
cuddlystuffs
chocolates
icecream
PINKblackwhite
family
cousins
friends


Desires

stay happy and carefree
be confident
stay optimistic
everyone around me to be safe
travel around the world


Calender

09 Sept- REBEL
13 Sept- NYP
16 Sept- SHOPPING
18 Sept- MARRINA BARRAGE
19 Sept- sleepover
20 Sept- GENTING!
21 Sept- GENTING!
22 Sept- GENTING!
23 Sept- GENTING!
24 Sept- Gathering
18 Oct- Semester 2 starts


Jukebox


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com



Tagboard




Affiliates

MY FACEBOOK:D

MY FRIENDSTER:D

♥amelia

♥anthony

♥bernice

♥brian

♥jeffery

♥krystal

♥kutti

♥lixuan

♥lovelle

♥rachelle

♥rachelle.private

♥terri

♥terry

♥tiongjun

♥weiyuan

♥yishi

♥yvonne

♥zhimin



Archives



Credits
©2009 ElinaLyana. All rights reserved.